I love fresh organic tomatoes and feta cheese with a little balsamic vinegar. So when I saw this recipe, I know it is a great one. This baked recipe is very simple to make. Just up my alley. Plus, it is good for you too. Especially in this holiday eating season.
Yummy Baked Tomato and Feta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 8–10 oz. block feta
- 2 drops Oregano Vitality™ essential oil
- 2 drops Basil Vitality™ essential oil
- Fresh oregano and basil to garnish
- Toasted pita or other crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the block of feta in the middle of a medium, shallow baking dish. Place the tomato mixture on top and around the feta. Bake for 15 minutes or until the feta has softened and the tomatoes are fragrant.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven and remove 1 tablespoon warm oil from the dish. Add Oregano Vitality and Basil Vitality to the warm olive oil and gently stir to combine. Pour the oil mixture over the warm tomatoes and feta.
- Garnish with fresh oregano and basil leaves and serve warm with toasted bread.
Happy Oil Infused Thanksgiving to you and your family! I hope this day is filled with many blessings with friends and family.
I grew up in a small city called Camarillo California. Well, it used to be. Now a little over 30 years later it is not so small. As a kid and to this day Fall is my very favorite time season of the year.
I loved cracking my window open just a tiny bit, when we had rains. Everything smelled so amazing. The next morning the sun would be shining and the weather warmer. When the days grew closer to Thanksgiving, I would help my mom pull our favorite recipes out, get the shopping done and prepare our home to have family and guests over for this very special day.
This may sound crazy, I can smell fall in the air. I really can! Now as an adult with children I still get that excited feeling deep inside of me to prepare for Fall. We have a few tubs of decorations we pull out and decorate the house with. This year, my sweet hubby brought home a super cute Mr. Turkey. I try to create an atmosphere within my family of more relaxation. Get our thoughts together of what we want to do OR not do for the upcoming holidays.
During the last 2 1/2 years, I break out my Fall diffusing scents. Here is one I use every year.
Fall Leaves Recipe
Your Young Living Diffuser
6 Drops Orange essential oil*
2 Drop Patchouli essential Oil*
1 Drop Ginger Essential Oils*
*I only recommend Young Living Essential due to their Seed To Seal quality and guarantee
You must be logged in to post a comment.