So many things going on in our country and world. I needed to take several months off in order to figure out what is going on. Well, I still don’t know what is going on. Just trusting in God alone for daily life as usual. So, what have I been up to?? Went from one […]
From my family to yours, Merry Christmas and have a blessed day.
I love fresh organic tomatoes and feta cheese with a little balsamic vinegar. So when I saw this recipe, I know it is a great one. This baked recipe is very simple to make. Just up my alley. Plus, it is good for you too. Especially in this holiday eating season.
Yummy Baked Tomato and Feta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 8–10 oz. block feta
- 2 drops Oregano Vitality™ essential oil
- 2 drops Basil Vitality™ essential oil
- Fresh oregano and basil to garnish
- Toasted pita or other crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the block of feta in the middle of a medium, shallow baking dish. Place the tomato mixture on top and around the feta. Bake for 15 minutes or until the feta has softened and the tomatoes are fragrant.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven and remove 1 tablespoon warm oil from the dish. Add Oregano Vitality and Basil Vitality to the warm olive oil and gently stir to combine. Pour the oil mixture over the warm tomatoes and feta.
- Garnish with fresh oregano and basil leaves and serve warm with toasted bread.